MetaSlider has four different slideshow libraries: FlexSlider, Responsive Slider, Nivo Slider, and Coin Slider. These libraries all have different features, layouts and options.
One of the best options available in FlexSlider is called “Easing”. This allows you to add dynamic elements to the transition between slides.
Instead of simply moving from one slide to another, you can use “Easing” to add a dynamic effect when one slide leaves the screen and a new slide arrives.
Here’s how to set up the “Easing” option:
- Go to “MetaSlider” in your WordPress admin area and edit a slideshow.
- Choose “FlexSlider” as the library.
- Choose “Slide” as the effect.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced Settings” area.
- Under the “Easing” option, you can see over 30 different settings. I’d recommend testing a few of these effects to see which works best with your slideshow. These effects will work for slides that load both vertically and horizontally.
The best place to preview all of these options is on the website of the developer who built the Easing feature. Click here to visit the demo website. You can choose the options from the dropdowns and then click the big blue “The Clicker” button.
Here’s a live example using the “Ease In Our Elastic” option. I’ve set the “Animation speed” to be very slow so you have plenty of time to see the transition in action.
One quick note on Easing: The “Easing” feature is only available with the basic “Slide” transition. This is because “Easing” is similar to the normal “Effect” option which includes “Fade”, “Slide” and more. “Easing” does provide a new range of choices. However, you can’t use choose a dynamic “Effect” and also a dynamic “Easing” option.
More about FlexSlider
FlexSlider is one of the most popular options on the web for slideshows. You can click here to see our guide to the FlexSlider default display. For more advanced features, you can show portrait and landscape images together, create a photo carousel and much more.