Here are solutions to some common error messages that people see in MetaSlider.
Error: Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function
Check your theme has a call to wp_footer.
- Go to Appearance > Editor.
- Select footer.php on the right.
- Just before the closing </body> tag, ensure there is a call to wp_footer().
Check you’re only including jQuery once on the page.
- Using Google Chrome, right click on the page and click ‘View Page Source’.
- Search for jQuery and look for any duplicate includes. It is quite common to see an extra version of jQuery being loaded from the Google CDN.
- Remove any duplicates from the page by disabling plugins or searching your theme files. You only want to include jQuery once.
- Check you’re using a recent version of jQuery (1.10.2+), if not, install the jQuery Updater plugin.
Error: Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token
If you see this error then the page content has been run through a function called wpautop (WordPress Auto Paragraphs).
Common causes are plugins (e.g. Genesis Easy Columns) or the theme (e.g. Avada). To resolve this issue, try installing the Toggle wpautop plugin.