Local Video Slides are included in MetaSlider Pro.
With Local Video Slides you can build beautiful slideshows with videos in your WordPress media library.
Local Video slides will display your MP4, WebM, and MOV videos with cover image, auto play, mute, lazy load, the ability to hide controls, and much more.
Add a new Local Video Slide to your slideshow
- Click the “Add Slide” button to launch the Media Manager.
- In the left menu of the Media Manager, select “Local Video”.
- From here you can select a video for the slide, or upload a new video.
Configure your Local Video slide
The “General” tab allows you to configure the parameters used for the local video. Here are the key settings:
- Mute video: This will disable the sound by default. Your visitor can choose to enable the sound.
- Show controls: This will load player bottom bar and play button on the video that allow visitors to move the video forward and back, mute, view in full screen mode and more.
- Auto play (may require video to be muted): This start the video as soon as the slide is displayed. When you enable this setting, also check “Mute video”.
- Lazy load video: This can increase how quickly your video appears for visitors.
- Loop video: This will allow to play the video in a loop and pause the slideshow until user decides to see the next slide.
Configure a cover for your Local Video slide
Using the “Cover” tab you can choose a cover image for your video. This is useful to show as placeholder when the video is not initialized or “Lazy load video” is enabled.
- Click “Set cover image” and upload or choose an image from the Media library.
Configure a Text Track for your Local Video slide
Using the “Text track” tab, it is possible to add video captions to Local Video Slides created with MetaSlider Pro. This feature uses VTT files to add captions.
This screenshot below shows how the video will appear with text captions. There is a “CC” button in the toolbar that viewers can use to control the captions.