- Question #1. Is the issue with all the slides in your slideshow?
- Question #2. Is the issue with all your slideshows?
- Question #3. Is your WordPress site up-to-date?
- Question #4. Is your server up-to-date?
- Question #5. Does it help to use "No Conflict Mode"?
- Question #6. Does it help to use an earlier version of MetaSlider?
- Question #7. Does it help to disable optimization plugins?
- Question #8. Does it help to disable plugins one-by-one?
- Question #9. Does it help to change your theme?
- Still no luck?
MetaSlider is one of the most popular plugins in WordPress. We have hundreds of thousands of users who run MetaSlider without any problems. MetaSlider has been tested with many most popular free WordPress themes and the most common plugins.
If you’re one of the unlucky ones, 9 times out of 10 it will be down to a conflict with another theme, plugin, or caching / optimization tool.
To help troubleshoot MetaSlider, we have a series of Yes / No questions that can help you quickly resolve most issues.
Question #1. Is the issue with all the slides in your slideshow?
Normally a slideshow will have multiple slides. Check the display on the front of your site. Is the whole slideshow not displaying, or is it just a single slide?
- If only one slide is not showing, the problem is with that image or video. Try replacing it.
- If all the slides are not showing, the problem may be with the settings for that slideshow. Try changing the settings.
Question #2. Is the issue with all your slideshows?
If you try the previous step and confirm the problem is with the whole slideshow, try testing another slideshow.
- Is the new slideshow OK? Great. Consider replacing your existing slideshow with this new version.
- Does the new slideshow have the same problem? Move on to the steps below.
Question #3. Is your WordPress site up-to-date?
- Go the “Updates” link in your WordPress admin menu.
- Update any WordPress core files, themes, and plugins that are out-of-date. Look especially for MetaSlider plugins. Many technical problems are caused by out-of-date plugins.
Question #4. Is your server up-to-date?
- Go to Tools > Site Health.
- Click the “Info” tab and then the “Server” area.
- What version of PHP are you running?
Question #5. Does it help to use “No Conflict Mode”?
MetaSlider has a “No Conflict Mode” that can resolve issues with other plugins and themes. Click here to see how to use the No Conflict Mode.
Question #6. Does it help to use an earlier version of MetaSlider?
If the problem started after a recent update to MetaSlider, trying re-installing an earlier version using the WP Rollback plugin. Which version of the MetaSlider plugin does work for you?
Question #7. Does it help to disable optimization plugins?
Plugins that add a Cache or Lazy Load feature to your site can often cause problems. Does it help if you disable those features or plugins?
Question #8. Does it help to disable plugins one-by-one?
If you don’t see any changes after disabling the optimization plugins, try disabling all the plugins on your site one-by-one to see if you can identify a conflict.
Question #9. Does it help to change your theme?
Try switching the theme your site. Does the slideshow starts working again? If it does, then there is a conflict with the theme.
Still no luck?
Check out the WordPress.org support forums for MetaSlider, you might find the answer you’re looking for. If not, post a new support thread and we’ll help you out.