If you would like a slide to open up into a lightbox modal when the user clicks on it, you can use MetaSlider Lightbox, a separate plugin that extends MetaSlider.
A slideshow allows you to create a beautiful showcase of images or videos for your visitors.
You can enhance your slideshow with a lightbox. Visitors can view your slideshow and then click on an image and see a larger, higher-resolution version of the image. Often the background is darkened so that the viewer’s eyes can focus on the image alone.
- Start with the main MetaSlider plugin installed. To add a lightbox effect, you will need two more plugins.
- Install the MetaSlider Lightbox plugin.
You will also need to install a ligthbox plugin. Here are some of the options:
- Easy FancyBox (300,000+ active installations)
- Simple Lightbox (200,000+ active installations)
- FooBox Image Lightbox (100,000+ active installations)
- WP Featherlight (60,000+ active installations)
- WP Colorbox Lightbox (10,000+ active installations)
- ARI Fancy Lightbox (10,000+ active installations)
- Gallery Manager (8,000+ active installations)
In fact, there are even more plugins supported by MetaSlider Lightbox. You can see a full list on the WordPress.org listing.
- Once you have created a slideshow in MetaSlider, look in the right sidebar. You are looking for the “Advanced Settings” area.
- Scroll down and check the “Open in Lightbox?” setting.
Now go and visit your slideshow on the front of your site. This image below shows a normal slideshow.
Click on any of the images in your slideshow, and you’ll see a full pop-up window. You can navigate through the images. This example was created with the “Easy FancyBox” plugin.